QUALITY CONTROL AND PRODUCTION TRAINER JIBU UGANDA
August 27, 2019
The successful candidate will be in charge of training and retraining of system-operators and coordination of quality control audits.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 2 years
Title: Quality Control & Production Trainer
Location: Kampala, Uganda and surrounding districts
Reports to: Uganda Lead Technician
Start date: 15th September 2019
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Jibu is a social enterprise pioneering a powerful new model that provides opportunities for entrepreneurs in under served, emerging market communities to own businesses that ensure access to basic human necessities, with water as an anchor product. Jibu has scaled a network of locally owned, financially independent and self-sustaining franchises that provide safe drinking water to their communities while offering life-changing training and employment. Driven by a belief in the power of eye-to-eye partnership to unleash latent entrepreneurial talent, Jibu is transforming the challenge of addressing basic human needs into an expansive opportunity that allows thousands of entrepreneurs to build lasting solutions, one neighbourhood at a time. The company’s ultimate vision is to train, finance, and grow a network of co-invested business owners who will revolutionise the way critical resources participate in emerging markets. For additional information, please visit: http://jibuco.com
Description of the role:
Jibu is looking for an experienced Quality Control & Production Trainer to be part of the Production and Quality Department to conduct technical training and auditing. The role has two complementary responsibilities:
1. Training and retraining of system-operators on using water purification technology for water production for Jibu’s entire franchise network in Uganda. The role requires learning how to operate the water purification system in order to develop content and train system operators on the same. The aim is that all system operators execute their duties with highest accuracy and full compliance to quality requirements of Jibu and the regulators.
2. Coordination of quality control audits (and other measures) within Jibu’s entire franchise network in Uganda. The aim is to ensure full adherence to all quality standards and sampling and maintenance schedules at all times in all franchises in Uganda.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Training of System Operators
· Develop technical training material and curriculum about operating water purification technology for operators
· Continuous improvement of the training material based on internal/external feedback and the regulator’s standards
· Regularly review performance of all system operators in the network and coordinate for retraining where necessary
· Coordinate with franchisees and the Jibu team to ensure needs of the operators are addressed
· Maintain the system operator database for full transparency of training state for all operators in Uganda
Quality Control Audits
· Set up and maintain an auditing-schedule for all Jibu Uganda franchises
· Execute regular quality audits at all Jibu Uganda franchises according to the auditing schedule
· Coordinate with franchises and the corporate team for the duly fixing of all quality breaches
· Monthly reporting on the state of quality of Jibu Uganda franchises in the franchisee meeting
The successful candidate:
· Has at least 2 years’ experience developing training materials and conducting trainings of a technical nature.
· Is detail-oriented with a critical eye for both quality breaches and process improvements
· Is conversant with MS Word, Excel and Power Point
· Is assertive and uses authority to communicate effectively
· Is a self-starter, able to think critically and solve problems on the fly
· Is creative, solution-oriented with a positive attitude and a sense for continuous improvement
· Preferred: technical background, educational qualification in water engineering, microbiology
· Languages: fluency in English required, knowledge of Luganda and other local languages preferred
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
This position is open only to Ugandan nationals or persons holding a valid work permit for Uganda.
Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a CV and cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the requirements of the job.
You must log in or register a new account in order to contact the advertiser